Do you need help with using and understand Turnitin? Do you know what makes an effective presentation? Need some one-on-one tutoring with these subjects this week? ANSWER: eCOACH Online Learning webcast series with follow-up tutoring from a tCOACH!
October 16, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. ET “(Faculty) Turnitin Bytes”
Register no later than 12:00 p.m. ET, Wednesday, October 16.
October 17, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET “(Advanced) PowerPoint & Prezi Presentations”
Register no later than 8:00 a.m. ET, Thursday, October 17.
For Q&A and a complete list of webcasts and registration click HERE. These webcasts will be facilitated by Dr. Shannon Farris, assistant psychology professor.
Participants attending the (Faculty) Turnitin Bytes webcast will become familiar with:
- A review of the Turnitin features (e.g., submitting papers, originality reports, PeerMark [peer review], GradeBook, Voice Comments, rubrics, etc.);
- How reviewing a student’s Originality Report can decrease false accusations of plagiarism;
- How to perform maintenance for external Turnitin accounts (expire old classes, remove duplicate students, decrease the risk of students not being able to register);
- Using the integrated Turnitin features in eCollege;
- Other Turnitin supplemental resources;
- Learn how to use them effectively;
- Discuss best practices; and,
- Receive the webcast’s PowerPoint presentation and resources (for attendees only).
Participants attending the (Advanced) PowerPoint & Prezi Presentations webcast will:
- Deepen their understanding of how to fine-tune PowerPoint and Prezi presentations to get the results they want;
- Become familiar with presentations resources;
- Learn how to navigate writing format effectively;
- receive the webcast’s PowerPoint presentation and resources (for attendees only); and,
- optional supportive hours with a tCOACH (for attendees only).
These webcasts (see below) are part of eCOACH Online Learning, a program for ALL students, faculty, and staff of Saint Leo University! Due to the engaging “live” format, webcasts are not recorded. All webcasts will begin on the hour ET and last about one hour.
Want mobile access? Click here!
Webcasts for 2013-2014:
- (Basic) How to Research Online & Understand Journal Articles
- (Basic) Writing Skills & PowerPoint & Prezi Presentations
- (Basic) APA Writing Format & Citations
- (Basic) Using Turnitin & Other Online Resources
- (Advanced) APA Writing
- (Advanced) Writing Article Reviews
- (Advanced) PowerPoint & Prezi Presentations
- (Faculty) APA
- (Faculty) Students Writing Article Reviews
- (Faculty) Researching Online & Understanding Journal Articles
- (Faculty) Turnitin Bytes
IMPORTANT: On the day of the webcast you’ll receive a confirmation email in your SLU calendar with the webcast’s link (URL). If you’re a first time participant, you’ll need to log onto this URL 30 minutes before webcasts begins to make sure that your computer has the necessary applications for this “live” format.
For a complete list of webcasts and registration visit www.saintleoinkblot.com and click on eCOACH Online Learning. If you need further assistance or have questions contact Dr. Shannon Farris, assistant psychology faculty, at (912) 352-8331 or email@example.com.
2013-2014 eCOACH Online Learning Webcast Schedule
To register, click on webcast’s link or go to http://saintleoinkblot.com/ecoach-online-learning/.
Thank you and I’ll “see” you soon! ~ Dr. Shannon Farris
What the Participants and Media are saying about eCOACH Online Learning:
I just wanted to thank you for a great webinar. I was so impressed with your expertise and your ease in conducting the course (and you were so gracious to me, as well). I look forward to the advanced Prezi course. Gianna Russo, Instructor of English, University Campus.
I truly loved the presenter and presentation! I thought I would walk away feeling overwhelmed because the amount of content that would be provided and because the presenter would just touch on each section not allowing for note taking…boy was I wrong! The presenter did an amazing job of covering the content at an appropriate speed and provided just the right amount of information to keep you interested. I also thought I would have an enormous amount of note taking to do, but I was wrong again. All of the slides that were covered in the presentation was provided to us along with other content that was covered. The content being supplied to us after the presentation allowed me to truly focus and listen to every word that was being said instead of trying to do some fast note taking (which is awesome because I do not know shorthand!). Staci Brooks, Junior, Psychology, Center for Online Learning.
One of the most convenient aspects of the eCOACHOnline Learning webinars is the fact that you can view the facilitator’s desktop and mirror some of their actions in a separate window outside of the eCOACHsession. It’s like having someone help you land an airplane! Terrance Ragland, graduate student the Masters of Instructional Design program, Center of Online Learning.
They are extremely helpful and especially great if you are an online student – thanks for all the useful information and backing up that knowledge with an email of the content to reinforce my experience. Jane Tyrrell, MBA Online Graduate Student.
I would recommend my students take the Turnitin webinar and visit the external website. Terron Carrington, Instructor of Criminal Justice, Gainesville Center.
The webinars are a very valuable, powerful and convenient learning tool! Fernando Lopez, Graduate, MBA Program, University Campus.
I recommend eCOACH for anyone who needs tips or ideas for writing papers or presentations. Learning how to use the online resources has helped me tremendously. I feel like I can write academic papers now in a breeze, and I have confidence that I did it correct. I highly recommend theeCOACH webinars. Denise Houston, Sophomore, Undergrad, Business, Center for Online Learning.
An absolute MUST for gaining a greater confidence in how to research and understand journal articles/essays. Charles Jones, Graduate Theology, Chesapeake Campus, VA.
eCOACHOnline Learning was a simple, fun, interactive way for me to learn. The instructor was spot on and covered exactly the information I needed and expected. Kim Stagg, Graduate Student, Weekend MBA Program.
eCOACH is easy, intuitive and creates value to any program here at Saint Leo! Tommy Hess, Graduate, MBA Online.
I just want to tell you that eCOACHOnline Learning webinars are a great way to get specific information. Similar to doing research for papers…eCOACH should be cited! Michelle Strang, Freshman, Ft. Eustis Campus.
The online learing webinars include a wealth of information. The webinars I have attended so far have helped me tremendously in searching for information in the databases, and I now have a better understanding on how Turnitin actually works. The instructor presents the information very well, and the hour goes by very quickly. Kathy Brichacek, Sophomore, Savannah Center.
Dr. Farris is a wonderful presenter. He answers your questions and explains why the subject is beneficial to us as students. Turnitin training was very useful to me. It made me understand how it is used by instructions for grading. Lucy Swain, graduate student, Center for Online Learning.
Tell other students that if they would like to ensure that if they would like to earn the best possible grade and understanding, they should get as much training as possible with the resources that are offered. Participating in the webinars can only aid you and ensure that you have an understanding of what is out there for you. Lorraine Chamberlain, Junior, Health Care Management, Center for Online Learning.
So much about attending college involves MONEY. This eCOACH is free. Take advantage of it. I’ve been away from school for a while, so I’m trying to get acclimated. Every bit helps. This is also assisting me in understanding what I know for sure and what I’m a not so comfortable with. Arthur Bryant, Sophomore, HR Management Major, South Atlanta Center.
eCOACHOnline Learning webinars is a fun interacting mini class that provides great information to help you succeed with confidence. Andrea Watson, North Charleston Center, Center for Online Learning.
The webinar was definitely worth my time to attend. I was given great resources and I was pleasantly surprised with the presentation, as it was interesting, creative, and the hour flew by. Not your normal webinar/seminar. Laura Wigglesworth, Senior, Center of Online Learning.
I really enjoyed the webinar training. It was a quick would recommend it. I learned the information I needed without the hassle of driving to the school. The presentation and PowerPoint were useful. I felt like I was sitting in class. Cheryl Maximo, MSW Online Graduate Program.
I really feel that the eCOACHOnline Learning webinars are very helpful because as an online student this is the exactly in class interaction that you sometimes need and it is from the comfort of your home. You can raise your hand and ask questions directly to the professor. I think it is an excellent option. Shantay Brown, Junior, Center for Online Learning.
eCOACHOnline Learning webinars should be required for all new students. They are a tool for ensuring academic success. Caronda Barnes, Freshman Marketing Major at Center for Online Learning.
Allow me to give you an A+ for your wonderful contribution not only to your students, but also to this adjunct (62 yr. old) religion prof who was/is anxiously approaching teaching/learning in the online environment. I am grateful to you for sharing your knowledge, experience, and generosity. You, Sir, are a gift to all you serve, including…Linda Taggart. You will see me again in your webinars. I have much to learn. God bless you. Linda S. Taggart, M.A., formerly a Trustee and currently a Religious Studies Adjunct Professor of Theology and Religion, Tampa Education Center.
- Dr. Farris Presents in Turnitin’s 30-Minute International Webcast: Grading the Top 100 Student Resources (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Sick of PowerPoint? Prezi Puts Your Presentation on One Page (mashable.com)
- Upcoming Turnitin.com Webinar Featuring Dr. Farris (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Dr. Farris’ eCOACH Webinar Series & Psychology Blog on PRWeb (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Teaching Critical Thinking with Student Engagement featuring Dr. Shannon Farris
- Turnitin Analyzes the Spectrum of Plagiarism (plagiarismtoday.com)
- Turnitin: 10 types of unoriginal work #turnitin #edtech Source / Read more: Turnitin: 10 types of unoriginal work (downes.ca)
- 30-Minute Webcast Series with Dr. Farris 4/12 1pm EST (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Plagiarism Detection and Prevention (lynnmunoz.me)
- Turnitin, Anti-Plagiarism Web Site, Aids Customers on Both Sides of the Fence (labsoftnews.typepad.com)
- Death of Plagiarism in the 21st Century (etcjournal.com)
- Turnitin Hooks Uphttp://wordpress.com/my-stats/ With Proquest (landbar.wordpress.com)
- Top tips – designing out plagiarism (estsass.co.uk)
- Students and Plagiarizing (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Dr. Shannon Farris featured in Military Advanced Education Journal (saintleoinkblot.com)